Careers at Corktown
We are an independent jewellery and accessories shop featuring local and international designers in the heart of The Distillery Historic District. Our pieces are handmade and we embody a gallery feel with exceptional knowledge of the pieces and designers we carry. We are looking for creative individuals with retail experience to join our team!
Why work for Corktown Designs?
- We provide a warm, safe and positive working environment
- We believe in supporting our local community and the artists that make it so vibrant
We hope to find someone that already knows and loves our shop and has an affection for handmade! This is a part-time position to start but there could be an opportunity for more hours as opening restrictions shift. Flexibility is always preferred with our part-time positions.
Part-time Sales Associate
Starting wage $14.50/hour with approximately 15 hours/week. We are looking to start someone a couple days a week with the potential to add hours as we go through our reopening. Flexibility is an asset! Keep in mind this is a permanent position not a summer position.
- Has 2 years retail sales experience or a background in jewellery
- Enjoys interacting with people and feels comfortable in a social environment (with COVID measures in place)
- Weekend availability is a must; flexibility is preferred to cover vacation time/sick days etc..
- Is self-motivated and takes initiative helping to improve our shop and our customer’s experience
- Dependable and reliable
- Quick to learn and comfortable in a high paced environment
- Has a creative side and a love of handmade
- Experience with social media platforms is a plus
- Knowledge of handmade jewellery and accessories is a bonus but we will train you on our product
- Has an understanding of using a POS system - we use VEND
- Familiarity with Shopify is extremely helpful as we have been relying on our online shop substantially throughout the pandemic.
- This is primarily a sales position - this means greeting and helping customers; providing a comfortable and welcoming space for them
- Offering brand stories and product knowledge
- Receiving merchandise, pricing and organizing backstock
- Re-merchandising and creating displays
- Daily cleaning and upkeep of the shop and jewellery
- Inventory management
- Opening and closing duties
We are following all safety guidelines as we continue to operate in a way that feels comfortable for our staff during COVID. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our first priority.
If it sounds like you would be a good fit for Corktown Designs please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We are grateful to everyone that applies but we can only reach out to those who sound like they will be the right fit. Thank you for taking the time!